Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I have a Dragon !

I have always had a special fascination with Dragons. I have always wanted one. I, like most people thought that dragons were just creatures of myth. Imagine, What my thoughts were when I found out that real dragons do exist ! I decided I had to have one. The last time I went to the 4th avenue street fair, there was a woman that had an Iguana with her. She asked If I wanted to hold him. What a silly question, of course I wanted to! He was so beautiful. Large,green and orange. I wanted one.I could live with a green Dragon,or perhaps a frilled Dragon. But being practical, I thought it might be years before I could afford to buy one and then there is the whole setup and the upkeep. I thought I could not afford to have one now. There is also the space that a large setup needed for an Iguana or a frilled Dragon would take up, and my house is already crowded with dog crates and fish tanks ect. I would have to settle for a smaller animal. I bought a book about lizards and did more research on the internet. Finally I decided that a Bearded Dragon fit the bill. I got all the information I could get my hands on and was excited to find that Beardies come in so many different colors,including bright red and purple! I also found out that the prices for those colors are quite steep. While searching the internet, I came across D and D reptile rescue. Up for adoption was an orange flame Bearded Dragon! I set up an appointment to go see this dragon. I fell in love and have now adopted him! He will stay with the rescue until I have all the things I need to take care of him. I have already gotten most of the stuff but I have to budget for the rest of it. I am so excited! I have my Dragon!The Golden Dragon, to be continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment