Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Friday, November 18, 2011

Puff is still watching Lilo but she is not acknowledging Him

I have seen Puff watching Lilo sleep. He will sit and stare at her for hours. She just sleeps,or pretends to sleep and refuses to acknowledge him. I wonder if her "female" hormones are at a low level. Maybe that is why she does not lay her infertile eggs and just reabsorbs them. She has never been bred and I think she may have always been sterile.But I will never know for sure as she is past breeding age. Of course so is Puff,past breeding age. I do not want to bring baby dragons into an already over populated reptile world. I would not want any of them to end up unwanted and homeless. There are so many reptiles advertised on Craigslist that people don't want any more.It is sad that People buy these animals and don't really know how to care for them properly,and then dump them when they have lost interest in them.Bearded Dragons are a lot easier to care for than some other reptiles but they still need the proper diet and lighting and temperature grading.They need proper housing and most importantly, they need proper vet care if they become sick or injured. They also need human companionship. They are capable of showing affection to their caretakers.I know this for a fact as both my dragons have cuddled up to me and nuzzled my face and neck,when I am petting them or singing to them.They seem to understand when I tell them they are loved and they do respond to my voice.When I put my hand into the tank,they will climb right up so I can hold them. My dragons love to be held and petted and talked to,and they love for me to sing to them.I don't know if other lizards are like this because I have never had any other kind of lizard. Bearded Dragons are very sociable creatures. Even when I had my snakes, I had some that liked to be held and had a Black Racer that would sit up to get his chin scratched. Reptiles make wonderful pets, but you must be willing to spend the time caring for them and they must be cared for properly.Any pet for that matter must be cared for properly and have human companionship. Kindness goes a long way with animals.I see it every day with the dogs and other animals I have rescued.Puff and Lilo,The Golden Dragons,to be continued............

No comments:

Post a Comment