Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Another light bulb explosion !

I awoke on Easter morning to the infra red light bulb on Puff's tank Burned out......or so I thought..... When I looked closer, I realized that Puff and his basking log and half of his tank was covered in fine pieces of glass.The bulb had exploded during the night.This is the second time that the Exo-Terra brand infra red bulb has exploded.I spent the morning cleaning the glass off of Puff and bathing him.Then I washed the hide and the basking log and replaced half the dirt in the tank. Lucky for Puff, that he was sleeping and had his eyes closed or he would have had glass in his eyes.God was sure looking out for Puff that night.The first time this happened and I called the company,they blew it off saying it had to be something I did.This made me very annoyed as I was not even near the feeding container when that bulb exploded and I had already taken Puff out of it so he was not hurt.They tried to do the same this time but I was sleeping and so was Puff.I told them I could no longer purchase their product as I don't trust it.I don't want this to happen again.Puff could have been injured or killed! I have 5 of these bulbs as I keep extras in case one should burn out,I can replace it right away instead of having to go to the store to get a new bulb. I have only found receipts for 2 of them. So I guess I will be stuck with the others.I will not use them.I am going on my Reptile lists and letting people know about these bulbs and how the Exo-Terra company could care less about their defective light bulbs.Some one might be blinded from the glass of these exploding bulbs.This is a dangerous situation! I hope the company takes this seriously, as they might be sued if some one or some animal is injured! Puff and Lilo, the Golden Dragons, to be continued...............

No comments:

Post a Comment