Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Oscar has a new name

I have chosen a new name for Oscar.It is a name for either a male or female. Her name is now Ryuu. It is Japanese and means "Dragon Spirit". I am using the same technique that I use on the dogs when I have to change a name. I use the old name and the new name together and eventually drop the old name when the animal is used to hearing the new name.It will probably take some time before she gets used to the new name as she really responds to Oscar. The name is so entrenched in her brain as she has been called Oscar for over a year.When I first got Puff, his name was Ritter. He did not respond to it at all ,but he sure knows his name is Puff now.I can call his name from accross the room and his head will come up and he will start climbing the front glass on his tank until I pick him up.Lilo came with her name and I liked it and she responded to it so I just kept the name. Puff,Lilo and Ryuu, The Golden Dragons,to be continued............

No comments:

Post a Comment