Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Sunday, August 29, 2010

Two in the mouth is worth several in the bush !

I have had to get creative in order to get Puff to eat.The other day he actually ate 2 peas and 3 crickets.I used the vibrating dish to get him to eat the peas. It has been at least 1 month since Puff has eaten anything other than insects,so I was quite happy when he ate the peas. Yesterday he was refusing to eat any thing,so I left the dish in his tank on top of the hide where he was basking. I left him alone with 1 worm and 1 disabled cricket (missing it's 2 back legs). I came back 2 hours later to check on him and both the worm and the cricket were gone.He did eat them.Today I did the same with 1 cricket and 1 worm and sat down to watch.He did not eat them and I thought if I talk to him and sing to him,maybe he will eat . I know he doesn't understand the words but he likes to hear my voice so I was telling him about when I adopted him. When I was looking on Craig's List for Bearded Dragons, there was his picture and it was love at first sight.I told Puff,that I just had to have him and I went to D and D Reptile rescue and adopted him.The rest is history. He then ate the cricket. I guess he liked the story of his adoption.I added another cricket to the dish and started to sing to him.He was watching me instead of his food,so I stopped singing and just watched him for a while. Nothing.I decided to start talking to him again.I told him how beautiful he is and how much I love him and he would make me very happy if he would eat the rest of his diner.He looked up at me and he then scarfed up both the worm and cricket in one bite!I not only have a beautiful Dragon,but a talented one also. I wonder what I will have to do tomorrow to get him to eat ? I just have to be more creative,I guess. Puff the Golden Dragon,to be continued...............

No comments:

Post a Comment