Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Puff is not eating well

The humidity has been unbearable lately. Puff is not eating well at all. After 3 days of eating nothing and him just sleeping for days, and me worrying, I decided to take as much time as it took to make sure he ate something.It took a little over an hour of me sticking a worm in front of him and singing to him,and talking to him and he finally ate the worm.He is refusing all the other things he likes. I have been doing this for the past 3 days now and have gotten him to eat as much as 2 worms at each feeding. Last night I tried the vibrating dish with apples and peas. He just refused to even look at them. I offered him a worm and let it crawl through the peas and he went for it! I gave him another but he did not go after that one. I turned away for just enough time to turn the TV sound off so I could sing to him and when I looked back again,the worm was gone.That was fast! I gave him another worm and it took awhile but he also ate that one.So last night he ate 3 worms in all.He has not wanted the crickets lately. Maybe I will try one tonight.I find that when he doesn't eat that he sleeps most the next day.When I get him to eat, he will be active the next day.I can't wait until this humidity goes away and I am sure that Puff feels the same. Puff The Golden Dragon,to be continued.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment