Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Friday, April 30, 2010

Puff has been very active with the hot weather

Puff has been waking early each morning. He is always happy to see me as I pass by his tank during my morning duties, taking care of all the animals.The other day he got so excited when I stopped in front of his tank to say good morning and to turn on his day lighting. He was on the basking log and when I said "good morning Puff" his head went up and he started to go right towards me and walked right off his log and took a header! Went face first into the dirt!He shook off the dirt and looked around to see if any one else saw what he did. It was like he was saying,"I didn't just do that did I?"He looked so embarrassed,poor guy. And I didn't help any as I laughed at his silly antics.I opened the top of the tank and scooped him up and held him close and asked him if he was ok and said I was sorry for laughing at him.I stroked him and he settled down and closed his eyes. I sang to him and we just had nice time cuddling. He is such a sweet Dragon and he has a wonderful personality.He was just so happy that I took a little time to stop what I was doing to say good morning,that he forgot that he was up on his log. Luckily,it was only his pride that was hurt. He has been eating very well.He finished up the pea pods and the cantaloupe and is now eating apples again.I took several black beetles out of his tank when I cleaned it and added some new dirt. I think they were the worms that got away and burrowed down into the dirt before I could catch them.I guess they morphed. Puff spends a lot of time sitting in the waterfall dish.Yesterday he was sitting with just his tail under the water flow. There is some skin that needs to be shed from his tail and I guess he was soaking it for this reason.I have been taking him outside in the sun every day now. He loves to watch the world from my shoulder.I am still pondering the idea of building an outdoor enclosure so he can spend more time basking in the real sun rather that the fake sun light on his tank.I have been singing to Puff almost every day. I know he doesn't understand the words but he really loves to hear my voice. I do notice that when I sing certain songs like "Puff the Magic Dragon" and "My beautiful Puff",( my own version to the tune of "My Bonnie lies over the ocean"),well, he really seems to like them best.I still play the flute for him also and he really likes that.Even the dogs and cats gather around when it's flute time.Puff is a very happy Dragon and so is his Mom!I just love this little Lizard! Who would have thought I could love a Lizard like a member of my family? But Yes I do love my Puff! Puff The Golden Bearded Dragon, To be continued........................

No comments:

Post a Comment