Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Saturday, June 25, 2011

Puff has a vet appointment for a check up

On June 29th, Puff will be going to the vet for his check up. I decided to get this done a little early now that I know his real age. I want to make sure he is doing well for his advanced age.He has been eating very well and I have discovered that he likes Gerber baby food organic carrots.By giving him this, he is getting more liquid than when I give him water as he does not always swallow the water. He eats the carrots because he likes them.He is eating a lot more greens now also. He is also eating more crickets because he does not have to catch them. I just stick them in the side of his mouth and he chews them up and swallows them. This makes eating a lot more easy for him.I don't think he is totally blind as he does look at me when I talk to him or sing to him, but he definitely has severe depth perception issues.There is no point in letting him get frustrated when he misses a cricket. I also let him soak in warm water after his meal.This way he can absorb water through his skin. He seems to be more active in the morning when I do this. He will still sleep most of the after noon and then wake up to be fed.He has also been sitting in his water fall almost every morning.I am still taking him for his sun walk every afternoon.I have to wake him for this but he really does enjoy it.Then he will go back to napping when I bring him back in the house.I really hope he is doing as well as he appears to be. I love this little dragon so much and would be hart broken if he is not as healthy as he appears to be. I don't want to think about this as a possibility, but I know he won't live for ever.I just hope he will live as long as some of the other Beardies have. I have heard that one has lived to the ripe old age of 16.I can only hope that he will make it to that age if I take really good care of him. Puff,I love you! Puff the Golden Dragon, to be continued.................

No comments:

Post a Comment