Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Reptile Rally

We went to the reptile rally at Petco this weekend.There were 4 bearded dragons including Puff. There was a nice young dragon named Zippy that was a very similar color to Puff. There was a very light yellow one that was very pretty,and a normal colored one that was quite nice.Then this guy showed up toward the end with a beautiful Monitor lizard. Zippy won the beauty contest,but Puff was second.There was also a young lady that had a very nice Ball Python.We all talked about our animals and Gabby, the lady in charge took pictures of all of them. I found out that Puff is a lot older that I thought. The guy with Monitor said he looked to be at least 10 years old! I guess the people who turned him into the rescue were not honest about his true age.I would have adopted any way as it was love at first sight, but there were things I would have done differently to keep him healthy,if I had known his true age. I will start doing things a little differently now that I know.I am going to schedule a vet visit for him, sooner than the 6 months I had planed for.I want to find out what I can do to keep him as healthy as possible at his age.I enjoyed the rally and will attend the next one that they have. Puff The Golden Dragon,to be continued.................

No comments:

Post a Comment