Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Monday, February 15, 2010

Puff " puffed " !

Puff was awake at 8:00am this morning. He basked and napped most of the day as I was busy doing yard clean up and laundry and cleaning fish tanks.Finally I took a break and checked on Puff.He was in his hide taking a nap,so I left him alone.After I fed the dogs and myself,I checked on him again. Puff was on his basking log and he was all "puffed"up and he looked twice his normal size! I did not see any reason for this.The dogs were outside and the cats were in the kitchen.There were no loud noises or loose crickets,no reason for this behavior.I stroked him and his beard deflated but it took awhile for his body to deflate.Once he was no longer "puffed" up,I took him out of the tank and held him and stroked him.When he was relaxed,I put him in the dining room and fed him. He ate every bit of the cantaloupe melon and 2 crickets and 3 worms.I think cantaloupe and apple are his new favorites.I put him back in the tank and he climbed up on his log to bask.I turned out the lights for the night at 8:35pm and sang Puff to sleep.Good night Puff,have good dreams,and don't be afraid.I love you. Puff the Golden Bearded Dragon,to be continued.............

No comments:

Post a Comment