Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Puff got scared of something and "puffed "up himself and his beard

This morning after I had turned on the lights, I checked on Puff after I had taken care of the dogs. He was all "puffed"up. His beard was fully enlarged and black. His body was twice his normal size.The only thing I can think of that may have scared him was that the dogs were all barking loudly this morning.I have never seen him like this before.I once saw him "puff"up his beard slightly, the first day I went to see him,before I adopted him.I am not really sure what scared him.It may have been the barking dogs or not.He has heard them bark before.I stroked him and his beard deflated but it took a while before his body deflated. He finally relaxed. I discovered that he likes to have his chin rubbed.I decided to leave him alone today, and not handle him.I did not want to stress him any more after his scare this morning.I checked on him through out the day and he seemed fine. I sang to him and played my flute for him. That seemed to relax him.I fed him late afternoon and he ate 2 crickets, 2 worms and 20 peas.Later in the evening,I spotted the dogs going after something. It was a cricket. It was probably the one that escaped several days ago.This batch of crickets are high jumpers.Any way, I grabbed it and gave it to Puff and he scarfed it down in a flash. I turned off the lights and said "good night" to Puff. Puff The Golden Bearded Dragon, to be continued............

No comments:

Post a Comment