Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Puff was perched on his log and inactive today

Puff awoke late this morning. I did not turn on the lights until his eyes opened. He was still on his basking log.He was not active at all. He stayed on his perch the entire day. At one point, he moved up closer to the basking light. Then he moved slightly away from the light. He moved all of 3 or 4 inches all day.I talked to him softly and sang to him and he seemed to enjoy it. I also played my flute for him and he seemed to enjoy that also. I did not want to disturb him by taking him out of his tank as he made no attempt to climb on up my hand this time. I just stroked him and we went through the usual ritual of eyes closing and then opening every time I stopped stroking him. I decided to see if he was hungry. I offered him the insects first. He ate 1 cricket and 2 worms. Then I offered him some peas.I thought he would probably would not eat them,but he ate 7 peas. He really seems to like peas a lot! I left him alone for a while as he took a nap.I checked on him through out the day. He went to sleep about 6:30PM on his perch in the same uncomfortable position, with his front legs sort of hanging down and his hind legs supporting his body with his tail touching the ground. I turned out the lights at 7:00PM and left him for the night. I just don't know how he can sleep like that. It looks so uncomfortable. Puff the Golden Bearded Dragon, to be continued...................

No comments:

Post a Comment