Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Monday, November 30, 2009

Puff likes flute music

Puff awoke early today. He was still on his perch. When I turn on the lights every morning I say good morning to Puff. Some times I talk to him softly. I noticed that he always looks at me when I am talking to him, cocking his head.Some times he walks towards me.This morning I was singing softly to him, "Puff the magic dragon". He really seems to like it when I talk to him or sing to him.I decided to see if he liked flute music as my dogs and cats like to listen when I play my Native American flute. I played my flute and he climbed down from the log and came right up close to the glass where I was sitting. He was trying to climb the glass and he was cocking his head.He was trying to get close to me . I think he enjoyed the music. I know he doesn't understand the words when I talk and sing to him but I think he does enjoy it. I put my hand into the tank and he climbed right up.I held him for a while and I know he enjoyed being stroked. The dogs seem to like him. They come up and sniff him and some times they walk away and some times they watch him. I am always careful that they don't get too close. Even the cats are interested in him, but I am careful because I know he was attacked by a former owners cat. He does not seem to be afraid of the dogs or the cats. I will never let them get close with out supervision. If I put him down and let him walk around on the bed, the dogs are in their crates and the cats are put in another room.My dogs and cats do not even bother my pet rats. I fed Puff and I offered him the peas first this time . He ate 10 peas and 1 cricket.I guess he likes peas. These are the first greens that he has liked so far. I did get him to eat 2 small pieces of mustard greens once,but I have not gotten him to eat it again. He has eaten grapes and kiwi before,but not a lot. I have to keep experimenting to see what greens and fruits he will eat. I noticed that Puff's color really brightened when I was singing to him and playing my flute.He went to sleep on his baking log again to night.I don't know how he can sleep that way, he looks so uncomfortable.I just love Puff so much. Puff The Golden Bearded Dragon, to be continued....................

No comments:

Post a Comment