Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Count Down !

I am counting the days until I can pick up my Dragon and bring him home! He has been boarded at the rescue, so I could get every thing I needed to be able to keep him properly. Today was money day.I went to the bank and then went to pay the mortgage and a few bills. Then off to the grocery to buy some dragon food.I had to ask for help in finding the proper greens and they did not have any green grapes. I got some red grapes and I hope he will eat them. If he doesn't like them I guess I will eat them. I also got some kiwi which I know he likes. I also got 2 timers for the lights. I am going to get his bathtub tomorrow.I am also going to order the crickets and meal worms.I am not overjoyed at keeping "bugs" in my house but for my Dragon, I will do it.I have been trying to dry out the bedding for the tank. It is taking forever... I think I am going to have to go buy some aluminum baking pans and bake the stuff in my oven. There is only one place I can put the stuff in the sun where the dogs can't get into it. The sun only shines there about 3 hours a day. The stuff comes in compressed bricks that have to be soaked in water so it expands. It takes a long time to dry out the way I have been doing it. I think I will just buy several 3 packs(3 bricks to a pack) and soak them and then bake them in the oven and keep the stuff in a container. That way, I will have it when I need to replace it when cleaning the tank.This is a pain in the you know what,but I want my Dragon to have the best in his house. Well, in a few days, I will be able to bring my Dragon home! His name was Ritter,but I have decided to give him a new name to go with his new life.I named him Puff,after Puff the magic dragon.Puff The Golden Dragon, to be continued................

No comments:

Post a Comment