Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Sunday, November 8, 2009

Puff is settling in

I tried feeding Puff yesterday, late afternoon. He tasted the Kiwi,spit out the strawberry and totally ignored the black berry.At one point he noticed his reflection in the glass and started bobbing his head up and down.I just had to giggle as I watched. He is very entertaining.I love watching him. I did not handle him much as I wanted him to just get used to his new surroundings. About 9:00PM, he went into the hide at the warm end of the tank and went to sleep. I turned out the lights and turned on the heat lamp, and let him be for the night. I turned the lights back on this morning at 10:00AM. Puff awoke and meandered out about a half hour later. He is still exploring every thing in his new house.I gave him some fresh water and gave him some of the same fruits again for breakfast. He ate only one piece of Kiwi and ignored the rest.He basked for a while and then went into the hide at the cool end of the tank and took a nap. He poked his head out again about 3:00PM and I tried feeding him again. This time I gave him 2 supper worms and a cricket dusted in vitamins and calcium. At first he ignored them. When I held them in front of him with the tongs, he scarfed them down. I then gave him some baby food peas and Dragon Bites. At first he ignored this but when I held the bites in front of him, he ate several. I dipped the Dragon Bites in the baby peas and he also ate this. I guess he prefers to be fed rather than eat by him self.After eating his dinner he basked for a while on the flat river rock. He then went exploring again. I had to feed the dogs so I left him alone. As I was putting the food in their dishes and each dog went into their crate to eat, Puff appeared to be watching them. He kept cocking his head and blinking his eyes. I sat down to watch him again and his eyes would close and then open again.He opened his mouth wide and yawned. I giggled again. I just love my golden dragon! He is so cute. I wish I could see better. This is one of those times I find very frustrating.But at least I can still see him,even if it isn't clearly. Puff again went into the warm side hide and went sleep at 9:00PM. He is very punctual. I turned out the lights and turned on the heat lamp and let him be for the night. I wonder what my house keeper will think of him tomorrow? Puff The Golden Dragon,to be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment