Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Sunday, November 29, 2009

Puff ate Peas Today!

I fully expected Puff to continue to sleep as the weather is cooler than yesterday. It was also rainy on and off all day. Puff was awake early, before I turned on the lights. He was surprisingly active for such a cool day.When he saw me turn on the lights, his head was up and he was following me with his eyes. I put my hand into the tank to pet him and he started to climb on to my hand. I decided to let him climb up on my hand and picked him up to hold him. I stroked him for awhile.Every time I stopped stroking him he would open his eyes as if he were saying "don't stop", so I continued stroking him and his eyes closed again.I held him for over an hour and I enjoyed this as much as he did.I just love this little dragon! He is so sweet.I feel sorry for the people that don't like reptiles as they really are missing something very special. I had to put Puff back in his tank as I needed to eat breakfast and take my morning meds so I would be able to function through out the day. This weather makes my arthritis hurt. Puff did not want to go back in to the tank. He tried to climb up my arm and stay clinging to me. I hated to put him down but I needed to get my breakfast and I had to wash the dog dishes and sweep up the dog hair ect,ect. When I was done with all the stuff I had to do,I came back to watch Puff. He was on his basking log and his eyes were still open.I decided to try feeding him. He ate 4 crickets and 2 worms.I decided to see if he would eat some defrosted green peas. He ate 3 peas! I should have offered him the peas first and he probably would have eaten more of them. Next time.But he ate peas!He stayed on his basking log for the day and went to sleep there. He looks so uncomfortable. He was still sleeping on his perch when I turned out the lights for the night. I just love Puff. Puff The Golden Bearded Dragon, to be continued.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment