Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Friday, November 27, 2009

Puff is still hibernating

Puff was still in his hide when I left to go have Thanksgiving Diner at Carla's house. When I returned home,he was still in the hide but he had turned around.His head is now sticking slightly out of the hide and he is sleeping again in one of those not so comfortable looking positions. I am so full of turkey that I also feel like hibernating. I miss Puff. I can still watch him, but I don't want to disturb his Brumation by waking him or handling him.This is a natural process and it will keep him healthy. I have often wondered if my Yellow Rat Snake and My Black Racer would have lived longer if I had allowed them to hibernate.I got Daisy as a captive born and bred hatchling and she lived for 10 years. Lucifer was an adult wild caught snake and I don't know how old he was when I caught him.He lived almost 8 years.Both were very tame and loved to be handled. Lucifer would sit up to have his chin rubbed. He was a magnificent 5 1/2 foot Black Racer.To be continued....................

No comments:

Post a Comment