Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Sunday, November 15, 2009

The weather is cool and so is my dragon

The weather is cool now and Puff is sleeping longer. He does wake up and come out of his hide to eat, but he is not eating as much as normal.He came out of the hide at about noon and basked for a while. Then he went back into his hide and took a nap. He awoke at 5:00 PM. I was getting Puff's food together when B from Second Chance, came by with dog food for the rescue dogs.I put feeding Puff on hold to bring the dog food in.I was afraid he might go to sleep again and miss his dinner , but he was still out and about when I came back in the house. I fed him 2 crickets and 6 worms. He took his time about eating the last worm. I thought it was going to get a reprieve,but he finally opened his mouth and scarfed it up. He refused to eat any thing more. I changed the water in his water dish for the second time today as he got dirt in it when going after the first cricket that I dropped. He did get it. He basked for a short time and then went back into his hide for the night. I turned off the lights and let him be for the night. Puff is one "Cool Dragon" and I love him! There are some people that will never understand that some one could love a snake or a lizard,but there are also some people that do understand love. I love Puff just as much as I love my cats and dogs. I have been feeding and cleaning up after the worms and crickets,and making sure that the crickets have fresh food and water. I find that there are quite a few dead ones in their cage every day.I wonder if this is normal? If I am making sure that their cage is clean and am feeding them, should that many be dying? I hope I am not doing some thing wrong. I do see them eat and drink when I put the food in at night.I have empty TP and paper towel rolls in there so they can hide during the day. I do watch when they come out to eat at night. I don't know why so many should be dying.I keep them in the fish room which is warm and humid.I will have to check into this.Puff The Golden Dragon, to be continued..............

No comments:

Post a Comment