Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Puff hibernated all day

Puff was awake when I turned on the lights at 10:00AM.His eyes were open but he did not move out of the hide.I decided to let him be as the weather has cooled off in the last couple of days and I think he is in full winter shut down now.I checked on him several times throughout the day. His eyes were closed most of the time. The way the hide is set up,you can see him through the glass at the end of the tank. I put a piece of cardboard against it at night so the room lights don't bother him. The hide at the other end of the tank is set up the same way. Puff did not eat today, but he did eat yesterday.The weather is supposed to warm up some at the end of the week and then it is supposed to get cooler again.The night temp in the tank at the cool end goes down to 75 degrees. That is where Puff is now. The warm end temp goes down to 78 degrees.The day time temp on the warm side is about 90 degrees and at the cool end about 80 degrees.Come Spring, I will change the lighting back to the regular basking lamp. For now the basking light is a 60 watt incandescent bulb.I also have a fluorescent UVA and a fluorescent UVB light. they don't put out much heat.I am going to get a combination UVB and UVA basking bulb in the Spring. I think this lighting combination will be a better set up. More natural. I miss Puff.....I wonder if he is dreaming? I watched a program on Public TV channel 6 last night about rats dreaming. Scientists have discovered that rats dream by watching their brain waves. The brainwaves of the rats when they were sleeping were the same as when they were awake and going through a maze, only faster. So the rats were dreaming about their experience going through the maze.I found this program fascinating. If rats dream, I think that dragons must also dream. Maybe Puff is dreaming about munching on crickets.Puff The Golden Dragon, to be continued..................

No comments:

Post a Comment