Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Puff went to the vet today for his wellness check

I put Puff into his carrier, tied it to my wheelchair and set out for the bus stop.Poor Puff had a rather bumpy ride as the side walks are very uneven around here.Shaman, my guide dog did his best to guide me on the most even rout he could find, but even the streets have cracks and crevices in them so the streets are about just as uneven as the sidewalks. Got off the bus and discovered that the vets office had moved. When I called to make the appointment, they did not tell me they had moved.I had to get back on the bus and go back home. Poor Puff had to endure another bumpy ride.I called the vet office and explained what happened and set up another appointment for this afternoon. My friend Carla said she would take me up to the Orangegrove vet office. Dr. Jarchow said Puff was one of the most colorful Bearded Dragons he has seen. He checked out just fine. He is in perfect health, to my relief! You know, "the new mother syndrome".Puff had to suffer the indignity of having a swab stuck up his rear end to check for parasites. No parasites. He checked out clean. He is going through Brumation,which means he will not be as active and will not eat as much. I am so glad Puff is in good health.I am letting him settle down for a while after his rather stressful day, I will feed him around 7:00 PM and let him go to sleep without further stressing him.Puff the Golden Dragon, to be continued...............

No comments:

Post a Comment