Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I was right !

I went up to the pet store and got 20 crickets. Got home and Puff was still on his basking log. I cleaned the cricket and worm containers and washed Puff's water dish. I took him out and held him for a while. We went through the "don't stop" routine every time I stopped stroking him. I put him back into his tank and he climbed back up on his log. I decided to try feeding him. He ate 4 crickets! I was right, he was holding out for crickets. I guess he got tired of the worms when I ran out of crickets.After he ate, he promptly climbed down from his perch and went into the hide and went to sleep. People think animals are dumb? I think it is the humans that are the not so intelligent ones. Animals always let you know what they want,with out ever uttering a single word in English. Puff wanted Crickets. He let me know by refusing to eat worms. It took me 3 days to get the message, but I am learning. When I am petting Puff, He is telling me that he is enjoying it when he closes his eyes and relaxes. When I stop petting him, he opens his eyes. He is telling me he doesn't want me to stop petting him.So I start petting him again and again he closes his eyes and relaxes. He is training me well. Puff is indeed one very intelligent Dragon!Puff the Golden Dragon, to be continued...................

No comments:

Post a Comment