Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Monday, January 18, 2010

Friday,Saturday and Sunday update : Dragons do dream !

Friday, Puff was awake later,about 10:45am. I held him and sang to him and fed him early as Carla and I had to go check out a husky at the Humane Society.It had been deemed unadoptable and due for euthanasia.We rescued it,and were scheduled to pick it up on Saturday after the spay. By the time I returned home, Puff had already gone to bed early.On Saturday, Puff was awake at 10:00am.I held him and sang to him. I also played my flute for him.He really loves the flute music.Again I fed him early as I knew Carla and I were Picking up "Foxy Lady" and I knew Puff might retire early again.I tried to feed him parsley. I put the worms on his dish with the parsley so that when the worms moved, so would the parsley. It worked. He grabbed a piece of parsley but when he realized that it was not a worm, he spit it out,and refused to eat any more of it.I guess he doesn't like parsley. I will have to keep trying to find other greens that he will eat. When I returned home, Puff had gone to bed early again and I was glad I had fed him early. On Sunday, Puff did not wake up until after 11:00am.He meandered out of his hide and climbed up on is log to bask.When I came in from cleaning the yard,I decided to feed Puff early as I had some one coming to look at Raven,one of the rescue dogs. I held Puff for a while and sang to him.He then ate 3 worms.That afternoon,Raven was adopted! Carla and I brought her to her new home and when I returned home, Puff was still awake. I put him in his dining room and he ate 4 crickets.I put him back in to his tank and fed the dogs and my self.I was on the computer and noticed that Puff had fallen asleep on his basking log. I turned out the lights and continued taking care of all my emails. I looked over at Puff while talking to Carla on the phone and Puff suddenly twitched and then was still again. This is the first time I have seen Puff twitch in his sleep. He must be dreaming! Dragons do dream!Dogs and cats twitch and some times move their legs when dreaming, but I had never seen any movement from Puff when he was sleeping.This was the first time I had seen this. Now I no longer wonder if Dragons dream, but wonder what they dream about. Crickets? Lady lizards? Puff The Golden Bearded Dragon,to be continued...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment