Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Puff has been very active with the warm weather

Puff went to sleep on his basking log on Sunday night. He woke up very early Monday morning at 8:30am. He was all over his tank from one end to the other.He finally climbed back up on his perch. I took him out and held him for awhile.I sang to him and stroked him. He seemed to enjoy this. I must make a point to find a new song. He must be tired of hearing the same one all the time.He sat on my shoulder and listened to my flute. He seems to really enjoy the music.I decided to feed Puff early as he was so active. I thought he must be hungry. He ate 2 crickets, 5 worms and 2 peas.I have been trying to feed him from a dish as he has trouble with depth perception because of his bad eye. I have the same problem for a different reason,but I know it is hard to know how close or far away things are.I think that is why he misses the food and drops it. I have to still hand feed the crickets or they will get away but he is getting pretty good at getting the worms off the dish.I have to hold the dish right up to his mouth.Both Sunday and Monday he grabbed 2 worms at once and chewed then up and swallowed them. He seemed quite proud of him self at accomplishing this. Some times he will try to get the worm or cricket and miss several times. He then becomes frustrated and refuses to finish eating. When this happens, I wait a while and try again. He then will eat if I hand feed him.I let Puff Bask for about an hour and then I gave him a bath which he really enjoyed.He then climbed back up on his log to Bask. I was talking to him, telling him how Magnificent he was and that he was the most beautiful Dragon in the world. He sat on his perch, looking at me and cocking his head and then he opened his mouth. He was probably getting a little warm from basking, but it looked like he was smiling. I wish I had a camera as this would have made a real cute picture.I just love this little Dragon! My beautiful Puff. Puff The Golden Bearded Dragon,to be continued.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment