Disclaimer

The image in the header is not an image of Puff.


Sunday, January 10, 2010

Puff has a new "dining room"

I bought a large plastic container to use as a separate dining area for Puff.When I hand feed him a cricket, he often misses it,because of his bad eye, and the cricket gets away. I have a hard time catching the crickets. There are too many places to hide in the tank.If they get away in the "dining room", they are easy to catch.No where to hide. I put Puff in the "dining room" and gave him 2 crickets to start with. I had to herd them right in front of his good eye so he could see them and grab them. It took a little time but mission accomplished!As long as I herded the crickets in front of him, he could catch them. He only missed once. He caught and ate 5 crickets.After his dinner,I put him back into his house and he climbed up on his log and basked. I moved the new log off of the top of the hide so there would be more room for Puff to get to his water dish.I put the log where the old water dish used to be. Puff climbed up on it and was checking it out in it's new place. He did climb on it when it was on top of the hide, but with the water dish up there, it seemed too crowded for both. This works better and Puff seems to like it this way. He went to sleep on his perch and I turned out the lights for the night, I am so glad Puff ate today. I think feeding him in the "dining room" is easier for Puff and me. Puff The Golden Bearded Dragon,to be continued..............

No comments:

Post a Comment